St. Anne Line
I have a new favorite thing to do when I get into work in the morning. I head over to Songza, and figure out what I want to listen to.
Which takes me to this awesome set of choices. So I pick Walking On Sunshine, and I jam out to tunes at my desk all morning while I process address and tax changes, and refax employment verifications, and make badges for contractors who are fixing the automatic doors in the hospital. This is some of what I’ve heard so far:
- I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’ by Scissor Sisters
- Boogie Shoes by KC & The Sunshine Band
- Best Of My Love by The Emotions
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye
- Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson
- Funkytown (Single Version) by Lipps Inc.
- Just What I Needed by The Cars
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours by Stevie Wonder
- Good Thing by Fine Young Cannibals
- Walking On Broken Glass by Annie Lennox
- What I Like About You by The Romantics
- December, 1963 (Oh What A Night!) by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations
- Walking On Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves
- Got To Be Real by Cheryl Lynn
- Jive Talkin’ by Bee Gees
- (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher by Jackie Wilson
- Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra
- My Sharona by The Knack
- Two Princes by Spin Doctors
- Move On Up by Curtis Mayfield
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston
- 99 Luftballons by Nena
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
- I’ll Take You There by The Staple Singers
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon
- Footloose by Kenny Loggins
- You’re My Best Friend by Queen
- Got To Give It Up (Part 1) by Marvin Gaye
- Life Is A Highway by Tom Cochrane
- Holiday by Madonna
- Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners
- You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates
- Dancing In The Street by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
I think my favorite part was when I started singing “Baby, you can call me Al” while I was talking about our reference check process with one of my coworkers. Thankfully she took it for the compliment it was.
It’s a good morning. Also, I got coffee!
Today I am praying for Hauwa Musa.