Bl. John of Parma
Because today, at long last, it is Spring, have some links!
- A sweet story about a boy and his plant
- A lost Faberge egg almost gets sold for scrap, but instead hangs out on the owner’s kitchen counter for years.
- Remember when you were twelve, and you made yourself a mixtape by taping songs off the radio to help express the heartfelt, endless sorrow of your first crush being, um, crushed? Turns out, those glory days can be back again.
- And now I want to make my own coffee liqueur.
- Princess bed sheets. Which I want so, so much.
- Irish Soda Bread Scones with Salty Whiskey Butter: I made these (the scone part anyway) and brought them in to work for St. Patrick’s Day. They were tasty. In the interests of full disclosure, I only used 1 T of sugar, skipped the sugary glaze, substituted the lovely Amish butter they sell at the Farmer’s Market for the whiskey stuff (my work is quite strait-laced when it comes to alcohol), and added caraway seeds to one batch (cuz that’s how my mother always made Irish soda bread). No one seemed to miss the sugar at all, and the caraway seed batch was more popular than the regular one.
- Pom Pom Fruit. Because of course.
- A Victorian Architectural Alphabet by Antonio Basoli. That’s all I know, because the rest of the site is in Russian. But you should still go look.
- A Bee Ballerina paper doll (plus other assorted insects).
- Dinner Party Necessity: Napkins stenciled with quotes from the Dowager Countess on Downton Abbey.
- Massive peony pinatas: so gorgeous and over the top I am seized with the desire to have an epic outdoor tea party just for the excuse to make these as decorations.
And now I will sit back and enjoy the fact that the National Weather Service says it will be over 60F here tomorrow.