, , , , , , , , , ,

I still haven’t found my old phone.  However, a new phone arrived Monday, and so now I’m in touch with the outside world again.  It’s a type of phone I’ve never had before, and since it was refurbished, it came without a users manual, so it’s taken me a while to get used to it.  It took me a few days to figure out how to insert an SD card.  But I finally figured it out, and now if I could get the Google marketplace app to recognize that yes, I really do have a google account (so I can reinstall some of the apps I had found so handy before), we’d be all good to go.  Even without that, we’re doing pretty well.  And maybe one day the other phone will turn up, and I can finally solve the mystery of what the heck happened.

Meanwhile, I was thinking that not much had happened this week, and then I went back over it, and realized that was not actually true.  On Monday I had my last night of teaching for the Swing Club, which was bittersweet but good.  I gave Curly the set of computer speakers I’ve been lugging around for years.  They originally belonged to the WSU Swing Club, and I kept them in my trunk because I was the main dj.  And then the club changed venues to one that had a built in speaker system, so they just stayed in my trunk.  Since then the club has dissolved and reformed I think three times.  Each time I’ve offered to give them back, but whoever was in the club wasn’t interested.  It’s handy for UD to have separate speakers for the Swing I and Swing II classes, so they’ll put them to good use.

I have to admit that it was very weird leaving the building with my swing bag so much lighter than it had been when I went in.  However, I think the full reality of it won’t hit until next Fall, when it’s time for Swing Club to start up again, and I won’t be part of it.  But let’s not borrow trouble from tomorrow.

I’ve also been working on my garden, not so much in the actual sense, but in the theoretical, planning sense.  I saw my landlord the other day, and asked him if it was ok to pull out those stupid bush stumps that are left at the end of my sunroom, and plant roses there.  He said that he thought that was a great idea, and said that if we got a good hard rain sometime soon, he’d bring his truck over and pull them out himself.  He also ok’d the idea of planting a line of berry bushes along the sunny side of the fence.  Though that might not happen this year.  (Berry bushes are expensive, yo.)

I’m very glad my landlord gave the go ahead, since I had already ordered my climbing rose – a Viking Queen from Heirloom Roses.  And then, because my landlord may or may not remember that he actually made such a promise, I also asked Atlas if he would come dig the stumps out for me.  He said yes, and we eventually decided that he would come over Monday and do it.  Which is pretty awesome, I have to say, and now I have to figure out what I’m going to feed him to thank him for being so very awesome.

Also, on Wednesday was Administrative Professional’s Day, and since I technically am an Administrative Professional (and for heaven’s sake, can’t we just say Secretary?), the ladies that I work with got together to decorate my desk and things.  Usually when we have occasions like this at the office, we get together and buy the lady in question chocolate, or her favorite kind of sweet treat, and have a cake.  Except I don’t eat sugar, so that doesn’t really work for me.  However, I am rather fond of cheese, so they went to the gourmet grocery store and bought me some nice cheese, and packaged it up with a bunch of cheesy puns (I camembert it!), and presented that to me instead.  I have to say, it was one of the most thoughtful office presents I’ve ever received!

Now we’re into the weekend.  Last night I had absolutely nothing to do, which was wonderful.  Today, however, is going to make up for it.  This afternoon I have a birthday thing for one of my friends, followed by heading over to the Family Homestead to set chicken to marinate, and then the Swing Club Spring Swing Dance.  Tomorrow is my family birthday brunch, so I’ll have Mass followed by frying up lots of Buttermilk Fried Chicken, and then family time.

And I’ll tell you all about that later.