Lately it seems like I’ve been spending all my time either trying to recover from the cold I came down with last weekend, sewing diligently on the top I hope to wear for Easter (a Pavlova wrap top in a lovely light bluish gray linen jersey), or knitting away on my Fantine socks. If I have time, I might even sew that skirt I was going to make for last year (another full 50s skirt in the such a pretty colorful bird print cotton voile). Unfortunately, all this creative focus, while good for my wardrobe, has been bad for assembling blog posts. In the short term, anyway. Once everything is done, then I’ll have pretty, pretty pictures to share. But in the meantime, have some links!
- 4th Annual Corgi Walk
- How awesome is a yarn named You Know You Are Doing It Right When Both Your Mother And Jane Austen Would Disapprove. Also, the yarn itself is very, very pretty, and just my style. Le sigh. Oh, the lace shawls I would knit if I had both unlimited cash on hand, and also unlimited time.
- High praise: “We are committed co-parents. We make all the decisions together and lean on each other for support. … Regardless of what happens in our marriage, I chose the best father.” – Gwyneth Paltrow talking about her husband.
- So sad: Ryan Gosling Just Isn’t All That Into You
- Sewing is cool, yo: Sewing Is The New Baking
- The Boy, A Hat, and His Cthulu
- I am considering embroidering this as a sampler. Except it’s so long it would probably be more like a wall hanging. Maybe we could just make it compulsory morning reading for every American female over the age of five: You Don’t Have To Be Pretty
- Possibly the best display of Cadbury Cream Eggs I’ve ever seen.
- Mrs. Stuart’s Dailys are back, and just as funny & quirky as ever!
- Real life soap opera: Twin girls, separated at birth, adopted by parents on different continents, reunited through facebook, have started a Kickstarter campaign to fun their reunion & get the genetic testing to prove they really are sisters.
- Your daily awesome: Free Pope Francis coloring pages.
- I really need to make this: Garlic Soup
Also, tonight begins the Triduum, the holiest time of the year. I’m going to be spending a lot of time in church. This might get in the way of finishing my Easter outfit. Do you think they would mind if I brought my sewing with me and stitched away in the back? Yeah, maybe not. Sigh.