Lo, my dears, it is NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month, just in case you were wondering). There are so many abbreviated month long thingies out there in blog land (Mrs. Darwin was very excited about her plans for NaNoWriMo – National Novel Writing Month), but I’ve always resisted their allure. I’m not much of a joiner, you see, and whenever I see vast numbers of people flocking towards something, it makes me want to snootily head in the opposite direction. However, as you know, my blog posting has gotten somewhat, well, sparse as of late. So I’m thinking that this could be just the sort of thing to help me get back into my blogging groove. So right now the plan is that I will post every day (or at least five days a week), even if all I have to say is that I am still alive, until either I just can’t stand it anymore, November ends, or Christ comes again in all His glory and puts an end to vain, transitory things like blogging.
So, you know, we’ll see what happens.
In the meantime, the latest news is that Mariah has sent out her yearly email requesting our individual contributions to this year’s Great Family Wish List. Usually every year I write a post including what I wanted last year, and what I want this year. Some of this is just as a way of keeping track of it for myself, and I think some of it is in the distantly wistful hope that some anonymous admirer or other generous soul might take it into their head to, like, buy me the things on my Wish List. (Presents? Presents for me? Oh, my, thank you!) That little daydream is right up there with the one about Captain America showing up on my doorstep and presenting me with a dozen roses, a diamond ring, and a request for my hand in marriage, or possibly the other one about winning the lottery and having to decide which creative charity disbursement I’m going to indulge in after I pay off my student loans and spend a year in Provence. But, you know, a girl can hope.
Anyway, this is what I’m wishing for this year:
- Star Wars Lego Advent calendar
- Nice wine glasses
- Pie irons
- Pot holders
- Roku HD Streaming Player
- DVD/Blu-ray player
- Girl Genius anything
- Captain America anything
- A pretty kite (esp. a snowflake kite)
- Food processor
- Sewing machine repair gift certificate
- DVD of The Great Race w/Jack Lemon & Tony Curtis
- Wall mounted ironing board
- Any animal or fraction thereof from Heifer, Int.
- Books: The Barefoot Contessa: Foolproof, subscription to Interweave Knits or Threads, Patternmaking for Perfect Fit by Steffani Linecum, Gertie’s New Book For Better Sewing by Gretchen Hirsch, Heather Ross Prints by Heather Ross, Pattern Magic 1 or 2 by Tomoko Nakamichi, Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear by Winifred Aldrich, The Knitter’s Curiosity Cabinet by Hunter Hammersen, Geoffrey Chaucer Hath A Blog by Brantley L. Bryant
- Gift cards: KnitPicks.com, JoAnn’s, Fabric.com, Fabric Mart, Lowes, Amazon, City BBQ, etc.
So, you know, now you know.