So recently I downloaded I Learned The Hard Way by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. I rarely buy entire albums, but this is the kind of soulful R&B goodness I adore, plus from a preliminary listen, it sounds like a soundtrack to my life. Since then I’ve been wanting to listen to it all the time, but through a strategic error I can’t. You see, the music is on my computer at home, I’m spending more and more time at work, and the only time that I remember that I need to stick it on a thumb drive for the transfer is when I’m already running late for work in the morning. So in between queuing up youtube videos to get my fix, I figured I give you a few links. Enjoy!
- Kinda epic: Man builds a bird house to trick speeders into slowing down, and it works.
- Apparently the perfect man is loyal, honest, and clean. Have to admit, those are all important qualities. Though I’d have to add not-boring/sense of humor to the list. Also, women want to be proud of their man.
- Troops photographing every grave in Arlington Cemetary.
- Confessions of a Teenage Death Eater.
- Hypothesis: You will marry me.
- Building a better paper clip.
- Philosophy on the bridge of the Enterprise.
- The knitting geekiest post title ever: My Multiple Comparative Gauge Swatches Bring All The Boys To The Yard (love!)
- Legendary Bluesman David ‘Honeyboy’ Edwards dies at the age 96 (I may frame this quote: “You play a lowdown dirty shame slow and lonesome, my mama dead, my papa across the sea I ain’t dead but I’m just supposed to be blues.”)
- Parenting Joy #2997
Enjoy your Tuesday, and the most gorgeous weather ever! I think I just might go fly a kite on my lunch break. :D