I think I’m going to give the Craft Fair of Doom another try. (Its proper name is Second Sundays in Over The Rhine, and you should come! Really!) This is partly because the weather forecast for this weekend is basically uninterrupted loveliness, partly because Squirtle’s Mom pointed out that I shouldn’t quit before I had a chance to take advantage of all my hard-earned lessons, partly because I’m stubborn and don’t want to admit defeat by craft fair, and partly because Aunt and Uncle S decided to both sponsor me, and provide me with an awning (one of my key requirements for even thinking about it). For the first time, I’m going to be flying solo, since neither Ani nor Indy have any interest in trying this again. I am a little nervous about this, but strangely enough, not nearly so stressed out as I have been before. I’ll go and set out my things, hang out with my knitting all afternoon, and see what happens. I will apply sunscreen, drink water, and stay under my awning. And it will be ok.
In other news, on Wednesday I applied for a job at our local library. I’d be helping out in the Childrens Section, which I think I would enjoy very much. Kids + books = win, and all. My prospects look hopeful, particularly because I have multiple contacts at the library who have been putting in the good words on my behalf. So far I’ve received unofficial news that I’m going to be interviewed, but haven’t gotten the official call. So, you know, keep your fingers crossed, and if you’re the praying type (even if you’re not) you might consider saying a small prayer for me. I’ll take all the help I can get!
And now I’m going to go hang some laundry out on the line. But in the meantime, here’s a few links for your weekend delectation:
- Fried pickle chips at Homesick Texan – I wonder if they’re as good as the ones at City Barbeque. Though nothing is as good as City Barbeque.
- A pretty sock pattern to benefit Pancreatic Cancer research.
- The cutest baby I have ever seen. Plus, his name is Jacob. His mom’s blog is pretty awesome too.
- The Anchoress, who holds the record for the most blog posts I’ve printed out or marked for rereading, posts a Rosary for Job Seekers.
- I really, really want this beautiful vintage black coat. Too bad it’s not anywhere near my size, or my budget. I have a pattern for great, basic princess coats. I really am going to have to make it one day, even if it is a Vogue pattern. I am irrationally terrified of Vogue patterns, even as I covet the clothes I could make from them.
- Speaking of clothes, I’m kinda loving Tom & Lorenzo these days. I started following them because of their recaps and analysis of Mad Men fashion, but I’m enjoying everything they write. They’ve even made me interested in Project Runway, and I usually avoid anything even vaguely reality-show-ish like the plague.
And that’s all for now. Wish me luck, with the job, and the craft fair, and heck, in general, and I’ll see you on the other side of the weekend!