blogging, books, Boy-O, busy, CBUS, coffee, CUBE, Etsy, family, games, house, internet, Ivy, Knitting, Lindy Exchange, Mariah, party, Queen Anne's Lace shawl, Rosie, schedule, summer, swing dancing, The Young Queen, Tree
This is what I have done so far today:
- Got up. Do not underestimate this one.
- Got dressed (a stab at joining the adult world instead of remaining in pj’s all day)
- Thought about the things I wanted to do today, like clean the house (particularly in need of cleaning after both Rosie and I are just emerging from raging colds), do laundry so I have clean clothes to dance in at CBUS5 this weekend, etc.
- Decide to just check my e-mail before I start.
- Transact a little legitimate business (answer a few e-mails, take care of a few things having to do with my Etsy shop)
- Get sucked into the bowels of the internet, which includes facebook, Farmville, and my new favorite time-sucker, Echo Bazaar, a steampunky browser game that’s quite addictive.
- At some point while the internet had its claws on me I got up and ate some breakfast. At least I think I did.
- Finally tearing myself free from the computer’s clutches, I decide to knit a little on the Queen Anne’s Lace Shawl I’m working on for mom before diving into the laundry, dish washing, etc. I install myself on the sun porch with my knitting and the latest Charlaine Harris vampire audio book.
- Time evaporates until it is about 4pm. I am feeling lethargic, tired, and a little headachey. I am annoyed at this because I certainly got plenty of sleep last night, and I do not want to be worn out tonight (see: CBUS5).
- This is when it occurs to me that I never bothered to get any caffeine this morning. I go start my little stovetop espresso maker brewing, and while it works, I decide to go check my e-mail again. You know, just because.
- That’s when it occurs to me that I haven’t written my blog post yet today, and I really should do that before I forget. My coffee is done brewing, so I pour it into a cup of cold milk (mmmm), and sit down to type.
And that’s been my day so far. Productive, no? Well, at least I’ve gotten some rows done on my shawl. In fact, I’m now completely done with the first chart, and have moved on to the second. But that’s not going to help me when I’m looking for clean shirts to take with me to Columbus. Sigh. On the other hand, I did look up the schedule for CBUS, which is, you know, important information. So that’s a plus. Unfortunately, my hope that actually drinking my coffee would suddenly give me a burst of energy and enthusiasm for housework has turned out to be, alas, unfounded. We’re going to have to work on that one.
In other news, it looks like this is going to be a very, very busy summer. Already it looks like I have something almost every weekend from now until August. Boy-O is about to graduate from high school (which means parties), and one of cousins is getting married. I’m planning to go to Chicago for CUBE in June, and heading up to Wisconsin in July to visit The Young Queen with a side visit to Tree and Ivy’s farm. There will be Mariah’s Midsummer’s Eve Party too, and our usual Family Vacation at the end of July. Plus we really want to get the downstairs painted this summer, and I still have boxes to unpack from the move. I’m not sure whether to be excited or slightly overwhelmed at everything (maybe a bit of both?). Of course, they say that the quickest way to make God laugh is to tell Him what you’ve planned, so maybe things won’t happen like I think they will. But still, this is shaping up to be quite the summer!
And now I go do laundry!