, , , , , , , , , , ,

I just listed my very first item on Etsy!  And no, it’s not the pennants.  Instead it’s the most darling little (though at over 5 feet it’s really far from little) garland of princess crowns.  I’m not entirely thrilled with the photographs.  They look more spooky than cheerful.  But I realized today that if I wait until I get exactly the right picture with exactly the right description I’ll never list anything.  So this is a start.  I can tell that the photography side of things is going to be challenging.  It’s not so much composing the photos, but that tricksy lighting buisness, and making sure everything is as clear and crisp as I’d like it to be.  But I’m a fast learner.  I’m sure I’ll be taking the kind of photos I want in no time.

Last night I went to Boy-O’s first football game of the season.  He’s starting offensive line this year.  He was a tight end, but then the guy who played left guard hurt his knee, so Boy-O got switched to fill in.  Everyone in my family is very proud of Boy-O, even as we’re a little bewildered at the idea of a jock in the family.  Traditionally my family is much more firmly on the band/theatre geek side of things.  I met Dad and Indy at the stadium before the game, where they had been attending a tailgate for family members of the football players.  Indy was thrilled to see me.  She said that she just didn’t know what to do with herself surrounded by all these … normal people.  When we got into the stands, Mr. Maker was there to meet us with the seats he had saved front and center.  Dad happily sat next to him and demanded that he explain what was going on out on the field.  Mr. Maker did his best, but Dad was more interested in enthusiastically shouting things than actually listening.  Occasionally he accidentally cheered for the other team, or hollered out ridiculous things.  (Him: “Go Defence!  Score a touchdown!”)  I sat with Indy and knit while we talked and watched the game.  I have to admit that I didn’t care very much about the parts when Boy-O wasn’t on the field.  Thankfully there weren’t too many of those.

Tomorrow I’m leaving on the first ever Catholic Life Young Adult Group Retreat.  I’m looking forward to this a lot.  I’ve been wanting some time away for a while, but didn’t know when I would be able to find it.  A lot of us have been feeling the same way.  We wanted a retreat, but if we put the retreat on ourselves, then we wouldn’t get a retreat.  Thankfully an old friend agreed to lead the retreat for us.  Lily made the phone calls for the venue, and I’m managing the food.  Ironically, I finished all my shopping on Wednesday, but last night three more people said that they wanted to come.  So I’m going to have to go out and pick up a little more of certain things.  There’s so much to do before I leave tomorrow.  I’m on the advance team, so I’m leaving extra early.  I’m not sure how everything’s going to get done in time, but I have faith that it will.  It always does.

ETA: Boy-O’s team won 10-0.