Twelve memorable things from Christmas so far:
- Watching little pieces of our screenplay come alive last night at the first read through – Sparkboy being Leonard on the couch with his shaking teacup, 14 and Pixie acting out the moment when Remy and Myrna literally fall in love. It’s really real. Who knew!
- Seeing Chronicles of Narnia twice, both times with excellent company.
- Fireworks at midnight on New Year’s Eve.
- Showing Sunshine Baby the stars in my Christmas pedicure.
- The Our Lady of Guadelupe my mother gave me for Christmas: she’s screenprinted on a mirror with a large Mexican flag behind her. The mirror plugs in, whereupon points of light start revolving around her. I laughed non-stop for twenty minutes. It was awesome.
- Watching the expression on Sweetness’s face when she introduced her boyfriend. Anything that makes Sweetness that transcendently happy is a-ok by me!
- Catching my hair on fire at the New Year’s Eve party – there were little candles all over the fireplace mantle. I was leaning against it talking to friends, and my hair came too close to one of them. But there’s a happy ending – 14 was there, and saved me before I even knew anything was happening. My hero!
- Dancing in the kitchen to Frank Sinatra with Monsieur A. in between sectioning out oranges for the New Year’s Day Duckling a la Orange.
- Watching Pride and Prejudice with my beautiful sisters.
- I got a ticket! Really! It doesn’t mean what I thought it would mean, but it’s still exciting.
- The t-shirt I got from the Duchess – on the front it says, “Love is patient.” On the back it says, “So I shall wait.” And I will.
- Learning more about accepting all things with joy.
It’s been a good Christmas, friends. Not necessarily an easy one, but still good.